In the article, “College Athletes: To Pay or Not To Pay” (McGraw Hill), I learned a lot more in regards to the debate of whether or not college athletes should be paid. For example, athletes contribute much towards collegiate programs such as revenue, school recognition, as well as billions of dollars, so it seems very wise as to why they should be profiting. On the other hand, people argue that student-athletes shouldn’t be paid because they already receive scholarships, it’s their option to pursue extracurricular activities, and it can potentially ruin a college’s sports program. It can possibly ruin a school’s sporting program by having students continuously transfer to colleges in which they can receive better pay and offers. 

All in all, do you believe college athletes are deserving of pay?
0
Please leave a feedback on thisx

In my opinion, I don’t believe college athletes should be getting paid. For instance, it is their choice as to why they continue playing the sport they earned scholarships in. Although, I do believe that they should be allowed to sign advertise and have sponsorships so that they can earn their fair share of the money. 

December 6, 2021 7:19 am

Dear Brenda,

I am very interested in which College athletes should get paid by your post, Should College Athletes Receive Pay. One reason that I agree that these athletes should get paid is that they bring a lot of revenue when it comes to their games especially a top school that sell out tickets for people to watch them play. Another reason is that these athletes bring a lot of recognition to the school which helps their environment get bigger and more noticeable for people to pay to go there.

One sentence that stood out to me is, Although, I do believe that they should be allowed to sign advertise and have sponsorships so that they can earn their fair share of the money. The reason why I choose this sentence is that many athletes get offered big endorsement deals but many schools don’t let them sign. I feel they should be allowed to sign to make extra money for bills and food.

Thanks for your writing. I look forward to seeing what you write next because it really caught my attention to whether they should be allowed to make money or not while in college.

1
0
()