In the article, “College Athletes: To Pay or Not To Pay” (McGraw Hill), I learned a lot more in regards to the debate of whether or not college athletes should be paid. For example, athletes contribute much towards collegiate programs such as revenue, school recognition, as well as billions of dollars, so it seems very wise as to why they should be profiting. On the other hand, people argue that student-athletes shouldn’t be paid because they already receive scholarships, it’s their option to pursue extracurricular activities, and it can potentially ruin a college’s sports program. It can possibly ruin a school’s sporting program by having students continuously transfer to colleges in which they can receive better pay and offers. 

All in all, do you believe college athletes are deserving of pay?
0
Please leave a feedback on thisx

In my opinion, I don’t believe college athletes should be getting paid. For instance, it is their choice as to why they continue playing the sport they earned scholarships in. Although, I do believe that they should be allowed to sign advertise and have sponsorships so that they can earn their fair share of the money. 

0
()