man holding dumbbells

In the article “College Athletes: To Pay or Not to pay” (McGraw Hill) I learned that colleges are now going to pay their athletes because a new law was passed. I think this is a good idea because it could actually help students who didn’t get a scholarship to pay for their finances. But others think that this is actually a bad thing because college athletes are given scholarships so they don’t have to worry about paying for their stuff since the scholarship pays for everything. Most people disagree with this new policy because they think that if a student is getting paid to play and they get offered money to play at a different school then all their going to do is transfer from school to school and this could affect smaller universities because they wouldn’t be able to generate enough funding to pay players.

What do you think about this new policy colleges would be doing? Do you feel like what is happening is good or do you think it would be a bad idea?
0
Please leave a feedback on thisx

I think that this could be a good thing for most players because I’ve heard about some college athletes making money from other things and their coaches or school ends up telling them that all the source of income has to go somewhere else like charity funding or something for a greater cause. If they refuse to follow orders then they are kicked out of that school which I think isn’t fair because they are there to pursue their dreams. I also think that college athletes wouldn’t just transfer like that yes everyone wants to get paid but they also want a good program for what they are studying.

0
()