In the article, “YOU DECIDE Cars That Stop Drunk Driving?” (McGraw Hill) I learned that congress passed a demand for U.S. automakers to find a way to stop drunk people from driving cars. This horrible situation has been caused by the fact that people don’t know the risk and danger they are putting themselves and others. To fix this, automakers are developing monitoring systems in cars. They are thinking there could be a breathalyzer device that will automatically disable your vehicle if your blood alcohol level is too high.

Drunk driving is a leading cause of death on America’s roadways. According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), roughly ten thousand Americans per year are killed in alcohol-related crashes. That means drunk driving causes nearly 30 percent of all traffic fatalities. This is great right? What do you think?

Should cars be required to have anti-drunk driving monitoring devices?

April 7, 2022 5:07 am

Dear Jannette :

I am intrigued by your post, “Should cars be required to have anti-drunk driving monitoring devices?,” because you talk about how you learned congress passed a demand for U.S. automakers to find a way to stop drunk people from driving cars. In the process of making a way to stop drunk driving, they were thinking there could be a breathalyzer device that will automatically disable your vehicle if your blood alcohol level is too high.

One sentence you wrote that stands out for me is: “Drunk driving is a leading cause of death on America’s roadways. According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), roughly ten thousand Americans per year are killed in alcohol-related crashes.” Drunk driving is not a joke and should be never done. If you are drunk it is best you stay home. 

Thanks for your writing. I look forward to seeing what you write next because you talked about an interesting topic and did an amazing job presenting your concern.

Eliana

1
0
()