In the article, ¨YOU DECIDE: Cars That Stop Drunk Driving?¨ I learned the Congress passed president Biden’s request to find a way to make vehicles to test people before they get into a car to make sure they aren’t driving drunk. I believe that this is a good idea because most of the leading causes of death other than corona are drunk drivers. Drink drivers should be more responsible and not go behind the wheel while driving. A way they said they can check is by adding a breathalyzer in the car and if they fail the car will not star or they can have a senor if the car is swerving constantly the car itself will slowly drive off the road and stop. I believe that the breathalyzer is moe effective because anything can happen on the road while the car is swerving.

This can also not be effective because many people can have someone else breathe into the breathalyzer thinking nothing bad can happen because they have driven drunk before. While you are intoxicated you have slower reactions and reflexes so in many cases you can forget what you’re doing and a crash can happen and people can pass away.

Overall I belive that this will be a very successful thing but it should be created sooner than later.

0
()