In the article “Should America Still Welcome Immigrants?” by Wendy Feliz and Congressman Paul Gosar inform others if immigrants should be welcomed in America or not. Felix writes that America should welcome immigrants and her reason was that America should since it was built by immigrants. Immigrants build a business, feed the nation, raise a family, and build homes. Gosar on the other hand disagrees with Feliz. He writes that American workers don’t need competition from immigrants because due to COVID many Americans have lost their jobs and are currently struggling. He believes that American business should ask Americans who are jobless instead of immigrants. 

In my opinion, I think that America should welcome immigrants. Most of the immigrants that come in are working in the fields, going into construction, or clean houses. Americans don’t want to work in those jobs. I don’t understand how some people think that American workers don’t need competition because it’s the jobs that they don’t want to work in. Do you really think that Americans would want to work in the heat and in the freezing cold? I don’t think so.  

1. Cynthia 1 week ago

Dear Heidi,
    I couldn’t agree more with you. something that was mentioned in your post was ” He writes that American workers don’t need competition from immigrants because due to COVID many Americans have lost their jobs and are currently struggling.” but this has been said even before covid started. and the only thing that I think of when people say this is, wouldn’t it better for America to give jobs to people who are qualified especially since America is so money driven. and on the other hand, like you said most immigrants take jobs that Americans don’t want to do.

2. Cindy Reynosa 6 months ago

Dear Heidi, I agree with your post and I believe what you are saying is very true. I believe in this state the immigrants are the people who do the worst jobs are get recognized the least. Immigrants are getting paid minimum wage and have the hardest jobs. I hope I hear more from you Heidi, I really enjoyed your statements.

-Cindy Reynosa