My shadow box

Kayla A-Q

This shadow box represents my chosen and assigned identities. Well to begin, I have chosen to paint a galaxy to represent my chosen identity. I decided to paint about a galaxy because my mind has an endless thought process which represents who I believe I am. And the gate represents My dominant narrative, It keeps who I really am away from the world. It’s who I truly believe I am but I can’t show that because I feel like society’s perspective on who they believe I am isn’t who I truly am at heart. Also, I feel like our galaxy has endless possibilities and there are new discoveries each day. My mind is like a galaxy, endless thoughts but new found possibilities haunting me till this unpredictable day. People fear what they don’t understand and I want to break down those barrier. I want to make it seen that my efforts have an affect on how people dominate narratives are portrayed.That is Why I have painted our wonderful galaxy on my shadow box.

Jasmine
April 17, 2019 1:55 am

Hi Kayla, I really liked your painting. I feel you when you said that space is endles. I think that is a really unique way to describe yourself because it’s so true we have so much that words can’t drscribe us. I really was inspired by your painting it made me think about the bigger picture of life and broadening ourselves.

Beatriz BautistaPablo
September 20, 2018 9:45 pm

Dear Kayla,
I am amazed by your shadow box because you were very creative in drawing a galaxy that holds an important meaning to you. Your galaxy painting looked really pleasant to see because it was neatly done.I loved the part in your statement where you said, ¨I feel like our galaxy has endless possibilities and there are new discoveries each day. My mind is like a galaxy, endless thoughts but new found possibilities haunting me till this unpredictable day¨. This sentence stood out to me because you used a simile to compare yourself to a galaxy and how its true that there are many possibilities to your life. Thanks for your writing. I look forward to seeing what you write next, because you seem like a person who puts a lot of effort in their own work.
Beatriz

Parade
November 9, 2017 5:22 pm

Hi Kayla,

I like your shadowbox, it’s look awesome. How did you feel when you show your dominant and counter narrative to us? I appreciate that you said you want to make it seen that your efforts have an affect on how people dominate narrative are portrayed.

Walter

Hello Kayla,
this picture look awesome, I think it’s unique.
Probably next time show your identity. The place where you come from?Your traditions, your people and how you feel being here?
Show your school, how you feel in that school. show your gender and how that has a negative or a positive effect in your life
Have you experienced racism or have you seen people around you that have say something inappropriate because of your gender?
Overall, I think you did a good job and try to ad more symbols next time..

6
0
()