1. This is my shadow box. (2) Shadow box it’s a shoe box with objects that represents our identity . (3 ) My counter narrative is the blue color that is outside of the box that represents a gang , the stereotypes that almost all the people have think that all Mexicans are in gangs. (4) My counter narrative is that I am a student , I am from mexico and that’s not why i have to be in a gang , I like play soccer and I like to be with my family. (5) that objects that i put inside of my shadow box represent my identity , like I put a flag of Mexico because I was born there , I put soccer balls because I really love soccer , I put a map of Mexico marking the place where I come from “Morelia Michoacan” , and I didn’t put many pictures representing who I am because almost all of them are in my country. (6) There is a PS4 logo because I like to play in my freetime. (7)This shadow box represents my counter narrative because it shows that not all the Mexicans are in gangs and doing bad , Mexicans are like any other people.
Denny
April 15, 2019 12:08 am

Hi Brian,
Excellent job on your shadow box! It looks great. I like the pieces that you put on the box. Using a shoe box to make your work. That’s smart. You are protecting the environment in a way. By the way, the mini straw hat is cute. Love it!

Jose
November 15, 2018 9:37 pm

Dear Brian,

Thank you for sharing your work. My name is Jose Valencia and I am a student at Fremont High School.
Something I liked about your work was that I like the way you explained your objects and I like the objects you put on your shadow box. Keep up that good work. Please feel free to comment on my work in the future.
Thank You!

2
0
()