In the article Schools Around the World (BTW), I learned that in different places, schools function differently. There were six different sections that discussed how each place in the world has a unique school system. They included but were not limited to the school day, required additional learning, unique traditions, treacherous journeys to school, lunch, and recess. Schools around the world function differently and have different ways of running the school. Some schools in India have a system like Hogwarts where students are divided “into four ‘houses'” where they “compete against one another all during the school year, which culminates in an end-of-the-year award”.

I think that the diversity among different schools around the world is interesting. Seeing how different places work for the schools and what is the norm for students allows others to notice that different systems are not bad, just different. When analyzing the way students perform based on their schedules, traditions, and how their school functions overall is a key role in this topic since student engagement in school is important for their well-being.

What would you describe as the ideal functioning school?

0
()