In the article, “ A teen’s plan to Save a Warning planet”(Upfront) I learned that Felix Finkbeiner started planting plants when he was in elementary school, he said that it was a project called “ climate change.” After his classmates help him to plant trees, until they plant 1 million trees,but that’s not the end of the story now Felix has blossomed into a global movement called Plant for the planet , and volunteers  have planted 14.2 billion trees worldwide. He mentioned, “ Trees alone can’t solve that climate crisis.” His goal is to plant 1 trillion trees. He also mentioned that, “ the more we make use of their abilities, the better off we’ll be.” The more plants we plant the better the climate will be. 

I think these ideas are great because there is a huge crisis that is happening right now about climate change. Climate change affects us in many ways, So I think planting more trees is amazing, and contributing to this we help ourselves. Because we need the trees to prevent climate change.

What do you think of planting trees?

Marisa(@marisajudge)
January 21, 2022 9:11 pm

This is really inspiring actually because when you think of climate change it’s always used in a negative tone. Having a brighter side to climate change (meaning changing it for good) is a new outlook that’s refreshing. To hear that Felix has done it since elementary school and also got his friends too do it is great.

Liam(@liamjudge)
January 21, 2022 9:10 pm

I liked all the information that you provided in this post. This is an increasingly important issue the longer it goes on and having projects like these are so critical in the path to helping climate change.

Kate
Kate(@katejudge)
January 21, 2022 9:08 pm

I think it’s great to see how some man’s individual work blossomed to make a huge difference in the world. It really goes to show how even the smallest thing we do has the potential to make a huge difference.

Maya(@mayajudge)
January 21, 2022 9:05 pm

Planting over a trillion trees and it blossomed from one guy and his classmates is impressive. It’s a good to start to hopefully help climate chance. We need to do a lot more and hopefully people will get involved just like they did with this.

Veronica(@vvalencia)
January 17, 2022 5:09 am

Dear Monica:

I am impressed by your post “Saving the Planet” because of how the lack of trees is affecting us and also how much is needed on the planet. Also, it’s a reality that we need to think more about our planet because is where we live and where all the people we love life too.

One sentence that you wrote that stands out for me is “ Trees alone can’t solve that climate crisis.” I think this is so real because they have some advantage for us but they can’t make everything for us. We need to make something to help the environment and also help where we live.

Thanks for your writing. I look forward to seeing what you write next because, is so interesting the post that you share with us. I think we need to look more on the things that are happening around us.

5
0
()