garbage near forest

One thing for sure it is, today we try not to use plastic. Whether it is plastic bags, straws, cups, etc. Many companies, restaurants, and other businesses have made the decision to have many other their items used to be recycled. Over time, the plastic has ended up in the oceans, lakes, rivers, and other natured places it does not decompose.

In an article called, “Plastic Bag Are Gonna Stay For A While” I learned that in the United States alone used and threw away four tons of plastic bags and wraps in 2017. I think it is very important that we conserve our world and nature around us. We want healthy air and clean surrounding when we go out to places. You go somewhere and you may see plastic cups or bags on the side of the freeways and it stays there for time on end until someone cleans it up.

Plastic bags can be a good thing but also bad because it is one of the main reasons of pollution. It also uses 8% of oil resources in production and after its thrown away, it remains toxic to the environment.

How can you save the world from plastic you might ask?

1. Using reusable bags when shopping
  2. Using paper straws
  3. Invest in refillable water bottles
  4. Bar soap, instead of liquid

There is many more ways to save from using plastic. I encourage everyone to not litter and recycle.

Hi Selena. You bring up a topic that has been discussed, warned about, and dismissed over the last few decades. The solutions you offer are proven to work actions more people should be taking. The main problem is indecisiveness of humans to act on these type of issues. That is a repetitive behavior that has been in human nature ever since the start of modern societal structures. The main question here seems to be: Are all humans willing to put in the effort for a cause that doesn’t benefit them in the short term? The answer at the moment seems to be no. Hopefully the issue becomes a frontline problem in the near future so more attention and exaggeration of the topic prompts more people to take action.

Oliver

The article is really interesting because it really important to stop using plastic bag that cause a lot of pollution and destroy nature. Even though plastic bag is good to use but the harm it bring is more than it benefit.

Dear Selena,
I already live by all of the suggestions in the article. That’s some good advice you give! However. I often worry that reducing current plastic usage is not enough. There is so much plastic already in the oceans and other waterways, I often wonder whether we need to more heavily invest in methods of removing plastic from our ecosystem. Hopefully we can find a solution to this issue or it may dog us for centuries.

I thought the article you focused on explained a very important issue in our society. I think it is important for people like you and me to try to decrease the use of plastic, but we should also push for large corporations to adopt more eco-friendly ways of production. Our own decrease of plastic use will help save our planet, and if we all push for businesses to “go green” we can make an impact on saving our environment.

Tasneem

Dear Selena,
I am attentive about your post , “Save The World,” because we live in a society where people don’t take care of their environment.
One sentence you wrote that struck out for me is: “ We want healthy air and clean surroundings when we go out to places.” I think this is extremely critical because we have a lot of global warming,climate change, and pollution . There are countries that suffer from pollution because the air they are living in is not healthy for the body.
Another sentence that I totally agree with and that everyone should be following is ; “There are many more ways to save from using plastic. I encourage everyone to not litter and recycle.” This stood out for me because , like I said before there are people that don’t take care of their environment. For instance, like what Selena wrote about littering; there are people that litter and not recycle and that is how it is affecting our world.
I do certainly agree with you that we need to save our world . One reason I say this is because it is not healthy for our body . For example, more than 250,000 people may die each year due to climate change.Another reason I am with you , because when you wrote, “It also uses 8% of oil resources in production and after it’s thrown away, it remains toxic to the environment.” This sentence broke my heart because it’s sad to see that the only way we use plastic bags is to affect our environment in a very toxic way.
I think you will also be interested in articles about saving the world . Like have you seen this https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=&ved=2ahUKEwi6srCfy6DsAhWKl3IEHcjsDIEQFjACegQIBRAC&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.livescience.com%2F64535-climate-change-health-deaths.html&usg=AOvVaw2NlUnt05M58bkZNct_ksK8. I thought you might be interested in this because you wrote about the terrible environment we are living in .
Thanks for your writing. I look forward to seeing what you write next, because I loved that you wrote about the world. I hope that I will be able to see more of your amazing work about saving our environment. The reason why I will come back and see your work because not a lot of people talk about saving our world and that is the most important part.

Hai-Cheng

Dear Selena,

I am interested in your post because pollution is a big problem and we need more voices speaking out on it like you. People should help the environment as a community.

One sentence you said that stands out for me is “It also uses 8% of oil resources in production and after its thrown away, it remains toxic to the environment.” I think this is sad because everybody uses plastic bags and for plastic bags to be this toxic to the environment is disgusting.

Thanks for your project I look forward to seeing what you write next because your project can and will teach a lot of people about saving the Earth

October 5, 2020 6:39 am

Dear Selena,

I am very motivated by your post, “Save The World,” because you made it a point by saying that when using less plastic, pollution percentage decreases. I think people people should stop littering because it is affecting the environment.

One sentence you wrote that stands out for me is “We want healthy air and and clean surrounding when we go out to places.” I think that everyone can relate to this because it is the safety of our bodies and also we should all want the best when it comes to the environment.

Thanks for writing, I look forward to seeing what you write next. I liked the fact that at the end of your post, you made some suggestions on how to save the world from plastic.

Juan

7
0
()