Ronda Jean Rousey was born in 1987. When she was born, her umbilical cord was caught around her neck and she wasn’t able to speak until she was six years old. Her mother was a judoka and this inspired Ronda to do Judo. Her dad was in a sledding accident and he committed suicide when Ronda was eight years old. She was homeschooled for parts of elementary and high school but she found an outlet doing Judo. She went on to become a Judo fighter for the US Olympic team, she didn’t get a medal but was the youngest to be on the Olympic team.

Ronda Rousey has motivated tons of people to do things that they thought they couldn’t do. She had brain damage and people thought she wouldn’t be able to do certain things like judo or mixed martial arts and she ended up doing it and being extremely good at it. She was very sad for a while when her father died but she still motivated herself to do the things that she does today. She became UFC champion and was 19-0 and most people thought that she wasn’t going to be able to do that and she ended up proving them wrong.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2015585-25-most-influential-women-in-sports

https://www.biography.com/people/ronda-rousey-21319725

Ashley Riviere
Ashley Riviere
April 27, 2018 1:30 pm

How old was she when she went to the Olympics?

Oscar
April 25, 2018 3:57 pm

She is inspiring. I feel inspired now.

Donovan
April 24, 2018 2:46 pm

i think it’s cool

Nathaniel
April 24, 2018 2:42 pm

why did her father commit suicide? were the sledding accident and his suicide related?

4
0
()