Photo by Ken Piorkowski

The issue of using the death penalty for criminals in the U.S. is a highly debated topic.
On one side, you have the people who want it to be illegal and abolish the death penalty altogether. One of this side’s biggest arguments is that many innocent people end up wrongly executed. They also argue that it is very expensive to put criminals on death row. Another popular argument is that using the death penalty is a form of revenge. Killing someone for killing others continues the use of violence, and it is unconstitutional.
However, there is another side who argue that the death penalty should and needs to be used. One of their biggest arguments is that the death penalty can stop potential criminals from committing crimes. Another strong argument is that the death penalty is just used for crimes that were committed against the right to life and freedom of victims. They argue that it is only fair to bring them to justice in this way. Finally, they too argue that it is cheaper to use the death penalty.
Both sides have valid points, and this will likely continue to be a hot-button topic for a long time.

Should the death penalty be used in the United States? (Tag: deathpenalty)

CC BY-SA 4.0 Should the death penalty be used in the United States? (Tag: deathpenalty) by Mae is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.