Photo by Ken Piorkowski

The issue of using the death penalty for criminals in the U.S. is a highly debated topic.
On one side, you have the people who want it to be illegal and abolish the death penalty altogether. One of this side’s biggest arguments is that many innocent people end up wrongly executed. They also argue that it is very expensive to put criminals on death row. Another popular argument is that using the death penalty is a form of revenge. Killing someone for killing others continues the use of violence, and it is unconstitutional.
However, there is another side who argue that the death penalty should and needs to be used. One of their biggest arguments is that the death penalty can stop potential criminals from committing crimes. Another strong argument is that the death penalty is just used for crimes that were committed against the right to life and freedom of victims. They argue that it is only fair to bring them to justice in this way. Finally, they too argue that it is cheaper to use the death penalty.
Both sides have valid points, and this will likely continue to be a hot-button topic for a long time.

Should the death penalty be used in the United States? (Tag: deathpenalty)

Death Penalty

There has been an ongoing debate about the death penalty. The big issue behind the death penalty is that people across the country think its inhumane for someones life to be taken. The governments viewpoints are very misleading considering that different states have been writing bills to abolish the death penalty. States like Maryland, Delaware, and Washington have all abolished […]

Should the Death penalty be Legal?

The death penalty has been debated for many decades know and people are always arguing wether or not it is humane or not. The death penalty in many states is still legal but their have been a few states that have decided to ban such consuquence such as New york, New mexico, Washington and many more. There have been many […]

Why The Death Penalty Should Live

Adrianna Haslet-Davis fell victim to a terrorist attack in Boston. Dealing with the consequences of that attack, including the loss of her left leg, has not been an easy road. Haslet-Davis is also an outspoken advocate of the death penalty in the United States. In a Time magazine article(https://nowcomment.com/documents/116618), Haslet-Davis is quoted as saying, “I hope that the death penalty, […]