The bees are dying and so is our earth. The decline of the bees is due to human beings and the way we treat the world. Many things that we do without thinking are actually causing a big problem for our little friends. By writing some research essays, I plan to learn more about the main causes of the bee decline as well as what we can do to help. Once this is done, spreading the word will be the next step.

Why are the bees dying? (Tag: Bees)

Save the Bees Abstract!

Everyday more and more bees die off. The United States has lost up to 44 percent of their bee population in 2015-16. Bee populations are so low in the US that it now takes 60% of the country’s surviving colonies just to pollinate one California crop. Because of CCD, industrial agriculture, parasites/pathogens, climate change, cell phones, and much more, the […]

Save the Bees! (Part 4)

After doing more research on the Pioneer Databases, I found an article that explains more about the disappearance of the bees. An article on EBSCO said that many hives around the country are experiencing colony collapse disorder (CCD). Hackenberg, a Pennsylvanian bee keeper, had 400 gives on his site and all but 32 hives had collapsed. What was strange about […]

Save the Bees! (Part Two)

After doing further research, I have found out a lot more about why the bees are disappearing. According to an article in the Global Issues from the Gale research, disease and climate change all play a part in the decline of the bees. They have also found that neonicotinoids, a type of insecticide sprayed directly onto seeds before planting, was linked to a “large-scale and […]

CC BY-SA 4.0 Why are the bees dying? (Tag: Bees) by Anna is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.