The bees are dying and so is our earth. The decline of the bees is due to human beings and the way we treat the world. Many things that we do without thinking are actually causing a big problem for our little friends. By writing some research essays, I plan to learn more about the main causes of the bee decline as well as what we can do to help. Once this is done, spreading the word will be the next step.

Why are the bees dying? (Tag: Bees)

Pollinators and How You Can Help Them

With spring approaching, many people are getting ready to take care of their gardens again but there’s something else we also need to take care of. Pollinators such as bees, moths, and bats can benefit from our attention. Depending on what you’re trying to attract there are some plants that help specific animals but overall you should focus on a […]

Save the Bees Abstract!

Everyday more and more bees die off. The United States has lost up to 44 percent of their bee population in 2015-16. Bee populations are so low in the US that it now takes 60% of the country’s surviving colonies just to pollinate one California crop. Because of CCD, industrial agriculture, parasites/pathogens, climate change, cell phones, and much more, the […]

Save the Bees! (Part 4)

After doing more research on the Pioneer Databases, I found an article that explains more about the disappearance of the bees. An article on EBSCO said that many hives around the country are experiencing colony collapse disorder (CCD). Hackenberg, a Pennsylvanian bee keeper, had 400 gives on his site and all but 32 hives had collapsed. What was strange about […]