The most important thing for runners is keeping our bodies healthy and injury free. The biggest factor of injury prevention is the type of shoes you run in and when you should run in those shoes.

The most effective way to reduce our risk of injury, strengthen our feet, and maximize our runs is to switch between different types of shoes for different types of runs. Maximalist shoes are best for long distance runs or recovery runs with high mileage, whereas minimalist shoes are best for racing, tempo runs, and speed workouts.

Which running shoe is best for injury prevention: maximal or minimal running shoes? (Tag: running)

CC BY-SA 4.0 Which running shoe is best for injury prevention: maximal or minimal running shoes? (Tag: running) by Katie is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.