There are many risks to consider before taking workout supplements. The biggest of which being that workout supplements are not FDA approved. Before one decides to take supplements I suggest that they are well educated about what exactly they are putting in their body.

What should you know before taking workout supplements? (Tag: supplements)

Sports Nutrition and Supplementation Research Findings

Pre and post workout nutrition is essential for all types of exercise. In the growing supplement industry it is common to find companies promising increased stamina and recovery, but this isn’t always the case. It is essential if you are going to take workout supplements that you do your own research to find out what will best suit your needs. […]

Workout Supplement Research

In 2015 the justice department filed enforcement actions against 117 companies. The company at the brunt of it all was called USPlabs. USPlabs made some of the best selling supplements, Jack3d and OxyElite Pro. These two supplements contained  dimethylamylamine, or DMAA. DMAA is an amphetamine-like stimulant. The chemical was said to be extracted from natural plants when really it was […]

The Controversy Surrounding Workout Supplements

The supplement industry touches consumers across America making billions in revenue each year. It comes as a shock to most when they first hear the hard truth that supplements are not approved by the FDA. The idea that such a large market regarding the health of millions is unregulated makes me a healthy skeptic. I am especially interested in the […]