Many organizations are overlooking people qualified for the office position for the retired sports athletes or college legends. Some professional organizations in sports are hiring retired athletes to run their organization and is that the only way to move up in the general managing profession.

What might explain the deciding process in athletic general managers? (Tag: GM)

General Managers

My research paper is on athletic general managers and how they go about getting to their position, which is a question I am very interested in. Some questions arise when it comes to NBA GMs and NFL GMs, for example do they need to have a background in playing the sport to quickly rise up in the ranks, or do […]

Athletic General Managers

Athletic general managers have very interesting jobs, and how they go about getting to their position is a question I am very interested in. Some questions arise when it comes to NBA GMs and NFL GMs, for example do they need to have a background in playing the sport to quickly rise up in the ranks, or do they need […]

Analytics in Basketball

My research topic is the proliferation of analytical thinking throughout the NBA and any changes that may have been made with efficiency in mind. Most teams in the NBA have recently hired entire division dedicated to analyzing every move and how that can change the outcome of the game. They are all searching for the same thing: any advantage available […]