A health care system is a social construct that is very influenced by culture in all aspects; thus, to specifically address social nuances in a health care interaction, cultural differences have to be analyzed and understood. Ignorance of some of these social phenomena can cause medical services to be less effective, especially for immigrants.
Through a deep and detailed analysis of characteristics of a doctor-patient interaction, economic barriers, and different countries’ health care systems, we can begin to brainstorm ideas as to how we can address those different facets individually. This is very complex, and since it has to do more with social interaction than anything else, it is hard to quantify differences, which can be affected by outside factors. However, not only would education for health care providers about this topic be positive, but would help the American health care system as a whole.

What are different ways culture influences healthcare, and how can issues due to cultural differences be addressed? (Tag: healthcare)

CC BY-SA 4.0 What are different ways culture influences healthcare, and how can issues due to cultural differences be addressed? (Tag: healthcare) by Victoria is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.