A health care system is a social construct that is very influenced by culture in all aspects; thus, to specifically address social nuances in a health care interaction, cultural differences have to be analyzed and understood. Ignorance of some of these social phenomena can cause medical services to be less effective, especially for immigrants.
Through a deep and detailed analysis of characteristics of a doctor-patient interaction, economic barriers, and different countries’ health care systems, we can begin to brainstorm ideas as to how we can address those different facets individually. This is very complex, and since it has to do more with social interaction than anything else, it is hard to quantify differences, which can be affected by outside factors. However, not only would education for health care providers about this topic be positive, but would help the American health care system as a whole.

What are different ways culture influences healthcare, and how can issues due to cultural differences be addressed? (Tag: healthcare)

Are Unequal Healthcare Regulations Real?

Unequal government regulations begin with different facilitated conditions that limit certain groups or specific people from having the same opportunities as everyone else. This may be unintentional but in many cases, the laws explicitly and purposefully limit these group’s opportunities. Some examples are limitations in voting laws, policing laws, such as traffic searches and forced seizure of possessions, environmental laws, health […]

Are people entitled to free healthcare?

Being able to live is the most important human right. Living requires being healthy. But not everyone has access to living healthy. Many Americans cannot afford healthcare and have to ignore illness to save money. Often times that leads to more serious issues than money. In a Huffington Post article it says that 46 million people have no health insurance […]

Health Care: Why it is a Problem in the United States

Health Care. It is an industry that works on maintaining and improving the human health by providing medical services, manufacturing medical equipment and developing pharmaceutical. Unlike other industrialized nations, the United States’ health care falls behind these other nations for numerous reasons and therefore negatively impacts the citizens of the U.S. This issue is important to me because the point […]

CC BY-SA 4.0 What are different ways culture influences healthcare, and how can issues due to cultural differences be addressed? (Tag: healthcare) by Victoria is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.