A health care system is a social construct that is very influenced by culture in all aspects; thus, to specifically address social nuances in a health care interaction, cultural differences have to be analyzed and understood. Ignorance of some of these social phenomena can cause medical services to be less effective, especially for immigrants.
Through a deep and detailed analysis of characteristics of a doctor-patient interaction, economic barriers, and different countries’ health care systems, we can begin to brainstorm ideas as to how we can address those different facets individually. This is very complex, and since it has to do more with social interaction than anything else, it is hard to quantify differences, which can be affected by outside factors. However, not only would education for health care providers about this topic be positive, but would help the American health care system as a whole.

What are different ways culture influences healthcare, and how can issues due to cultural differences be addressed? (Tag: healthcare)

Healthcare Today

In recent years, healthcare has become an essential issue in politics, with each campaign promising new healthcare reforms and lower prices. When Obama came into office, he passed the affordable health care act, Obamacare. However, after leaving office in 2016, the plan has continued under the Trump administration with much less support. Prices on Obamacare have continuously risen until this […]

Are New World Ideas more Important than the Health of Society

A very pressing topic in today’s society is whether or not we should be vaccinating our children. Vaccinating children is a vital part of keeping children safe and healthy. Vaccines not only help from getting one individual sick, but they also have beneficial effects on past and future generations. According to the Washington Post “The vast majority of parents across […]

Are Unequal Healthcare Regulations Real?

Unequal government regulations begin with different facilitated conditions that limit certain groups or specific people from having the same opportunities as everyone else. This may be unintentional but in many cases, the laws explicitly and purposefully limit these group’s opportunities. Some examples are limitations in voting laws, policing laws, such as traffic searches and forced seizure of possessions, environmental laws, health […]

CC BY-SA 4.0 What are different ways culture influences healthcare, and how can issues due to cultural differences be addressed? (Tag: healthcare) by Victoria is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.