A health care system is a social construct that is very influenced by culture in all aspects; thus, to specifically address social nuances in a health care interaction, cultural differences have to be analyzed and understood. Ignorance of some of these social phenomena can cause medical services to be less effective, especially for immigrants.
Through a deep and detailed analysis of characteristics of a doctor-patient interaction, economic barriers, and different countries’ health care systems, we can begin to brainstorm ideas as to how we can address those different facets individually. This is very complex, and since it has to do more with social interaction than anything else, it is hard to quantify differences, which can be affected by outside factors. However, not only would education for health care providers about this topic be positive, but would help the American health care system as a whole.

What are different ways culture influences healthcare, and how can issues due to cultural differences be addressed? (Tag: healthcare)

Welcome

Welcome to my first post. First, I have something to show you. This presentation is very important. It allows viewers to get a better grasp of normal everyday discrimination people of the LGBTQ+ community. It is also a way to inform viewers of a few ways that they could help prevent this from happening. Now some of you may be […]

The Lack of Quality and Affordability in American Healthcare

Demonstrated in this presentation, there is a serious lack of affordable and in certain instances, a lack of quality, in American healthcare. This topic of healthcare is extremely intriguing and it must take notice of others in our community. The reason why we must raise awareness to this lack of quality and affordable healthcare is the fact that people in […]

Healthcare Today

In recent years, healthcare has become an essential issue in politics, with each campaign promising new healthcare reforms and lower prices. When Obama came into office, he passed the affordable health care act, Obamacare. However, after leaving office in 2016, the plan has continued under the Trump administration with much less support. Prices on Obamacare have continuously risen until this […]

CC BY-SA 4.0 What are different ways culture influences healthcare, and how can issues due to cultural differences be addressed? (Tag: healthcare) by Victoria is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.