Climate change is one of the main issues facing our planet. Although it can seem like nothing can be done to alleviate the effects of such a massive problem, one solution could be easier than previously thought. Research has shown that a plant-based diet contributes substantially less greenhouse gases than that of the meat industry.

How do our diets affect the environment and contribute to climate change? (Tag: Veganism)

Veganism and the Environment

An article titled “The Politics of Veganism” breaks down this lifestyle into all sorts of topics of debate. It covers the controversy around it, the difference between veganism and vegetarianism, the environmental effects, and common myths thought about diet in general. In the section concerning the environment, it explicitly states that the meat industry has a direct link to “…wastage, […]

More Findings on Veganism

Upon continuing my research, I have found there seems to be more information in support of veganism rather than against it. Several articles, I have read claim avoiding animal products not only helps your body physically, but also mentally. According to the Department of Nutrition, Benedictine University, decreasing consumption of animal products has been “associated with improved mood.” More specifically, […]

How do Our Dietary Choices Impact the Environment?

Climate change is affecting our planet now more than every, and people may have a bigger part in this worldwide issue than they realize. Different media outlets have tried to advertize easy, day to day choices we can make to help reduce our carbon footprints. Typically, these suggestions have been things like take shorter showers, turning the water off while […]

CC BY-SA 4.0 How do our diets affect the environment and contribute to climate change? (Tag: Veganism) by Heidi is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.