Mass incarceration is one of the ways that African-Americans still face discrimination and racism. People are being kept behind the bars for life sentences when they haven’t done anything violent. The prison population increases every single year and it doesn’t help our society.
A solution to this problem would be keeping prisoners in the shorter term, a few years to repent for what they had done to themselves and the society. Provide them some skills so after all, they can use it to start a new life. The United States can use those billion dollars used to spend on prisoners to rebuild roads, support schools and college students for supplies and school fees.
Some might argue that “Within those few years, they might not be apologetic and truly change,” and this makes my research focus debatable.

How can we stop the mass incarceration of African-Americans? (Tag: prison)

CC BY-SA 4.0 How can we stop the mass incarceration of African-Americans? (Tag: prison) by San is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.