The use of Performance Enhancing Drugs has been a wide spread controversy in the MLB ever since the 1980s and 90s.  The MLB needs to take measures from other professional sports leagues as well as come up with innovative ideas to combat the use of these illegal substances.  Through this paper I hope to be able to find ways in which the league can keep the integrity of the game.

How can the MLB prevent further misuse of Performance Enhancing Drugs? (Tag: MLB PED)

PED use in the MLB

Throughout the history of the sport, baseball has seemingly always been plagued with scandals.  In the early 1900s, the era of gambling had its foothold in baseball, most notably with the Chicago Black Sox in 1919, who bet against themselves in the world series then threw the games in order to make large sums of money.  Advance to the late […]

PED Use in Major League Baseball

For my research paper, I’ve decided to write it about the use of Performance Enhancing Drugs(PEDs) in Major League Baseball, and what policies the league can do in order to prevent future misuse of these illegal substances.  Steroids and other PEDs were heavily used in the 80s, 90s, and early 2000s by players in effort to gain an advantage over […]

PED use in the MLB

The use of performance enhancing drugs (PEDs) has been a controversy involved in almost every sport.  However none of the major professional sport leagues have been affected by the use of these drugs as much as Major League Baseball (MLB).  PEDs were used heavily in the 1990s and early 2000s, seemingly compromising the integrity of the game.  These substances, which […]

CC BY-SA 4.0 How can the MLB prevent further misuse of Performance Enhancing Drugs? (Tag: MLB PED) by Seiji is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.