We send those who have committed a crime to prison, in order to be rehabilitated but instead they are traumatized. In prison the harsh living environment, and structure is causing many psychological issues in those who have been in the prison system. With research, I hope to shed little on the issues that surround the broken prison system and its effects on inmates. For instance I will showcase the overcrowding, violence, and lack of privacy that cause negative habits and psychological issues to arise in inmates. In the hopes that this information will help others understand the proposals of prison reform and understand those who have been in the prison system.

What are the effects of incarceration on inmates? (Tag: prison)

Zero Tolerance

The article summarizes zero tolerance, giving information on the tactic. Zero tolerance policies do not have rehabilitation or support services. The article goes into different policies in different cities where the zero tolerance policies are being used and analyzes the effect it has on the schools and students. Despite it being meant for serious offenses, the policies are used as […]

School-to-Prison Pipeline

ACLU Print this page. Author Maya

Involuntary Servitude in United States Prisons

According to the Prison Policy Initiative, about 0.7% of the United States was incarcerated in 2016, this is approximately 2,261,700 people. These populations are put into the control of the prison system and are many times subject to prison labor. This means prisoners are put to work in mostly manual labor within the prison as well as in companies outside. […]