In the article, “Return to Remote Learning?” (McGraw Hill), I learned that local school board officials and government officials are deciding if schools will have to go back to remote learning. This is all being decided because of the new omicron variant that is very contagious. With this, schools have been closed for only a week or two. U.S. Secretary of Education, Miguel Cardona, announced that schools should remain open because students have already suffered enough from remote learning. Many teacher unions, however, disagree with Cardona’s point of view. Many school boards are now instituting mask mandates, mandatory vaccination policies, widespread rapid testing, and other safety measures to try to stay open safely.

I think that as a student, this will affect everyone because when we were trapped in our homes looking at computer screens for 8 hours, it created a more lazy mindset since we were at home and not physically learning. I personally do not wanna go through that again since being at school is better and more efficient. In my opinion, remote learning is just not it. I enjoy experiencing what real learning is instead of just learning from home. Nobody wants to go through that suffering and pain to get up and just be in bed listening to their teacher through a screen. 

Do you believe that we should go back to remote learning or attend class in person?

0
()