In the article, “Remembering 9/11, Twenty Years Later” I learned that there was an attack towards the U.S. On this day, September 11, 2001 4 planes were hijacked by 14 members of the terrorist group al-Qaeda. This resulted in 2 planes crashing into the Twin Towers of the World Trade center. One of the other planes had crashed into the Pentagon in Washington D.C. The last plane was also headed towards Washington D.C. but crashed into a field in Pennsylvania because the passengers fought back.

0
How would you react to this if you were alive during that time?x

This was a devastating day in which more than 3,000 people had died. It’s sad to know that many people knew that they were going to die because of the damage caused to the building. There was so much damage caused not only two those two buildings but other buildings and vehicles in that area. 

September 23, 2021 4:57 am

Dear Adrian,

I am saddened about the topic of your post. It was definitely a devastating moment in American history as millions were shocked. Although I was not born during the time, I could not imagine the pain and worryness those people were going after the attack. They must have been insanely scared for their lives as anything else could have happened.

Something from your post stood out to me was that at the third plane didn’t go to it’s destination because people fought back and I just wonder what if people fought back with the other planes? Would the twin towers still be in place? I want to hear your thoughts on this and if you ever wonder anything as such. I think that knowing you are getting hijacked and most likely going to end up in a bad situation that the best thing to do was fight back and although it ended with a devastating ending, the people who fought back are heroes for doing what they did.

Thank you for this writing as it shows the events that took place on this day. I look forward to seeing what other posts you have and how much more information you can provide me with history like this.

Luis

Last edited 20 days ago by Paul

1
0
()