When I first began this project I was stressed because I was never a great writer but, very slowly i’ve been improving. I am very passionate about the effects, advantages and disadvantages of tests, standardized and otherwise. but with all that was going on in my life at the time, ( other classes, work, social life) it was hard to stay stay on top of it. I managed my time very poorly but I had gotten my paper done. It definitely wasn’t the quality that I wanted but at least I had something. I’m glad I was able to complete it all and I don’t have to worry about it anymore. I did learn a lot from researching too. For example, I never knew that one person in the late 1800’s died from over studying for an exam. There may have been outside factors that may have helped cause that poor man’s death but the fact remains that over study was the cause. To summarize all this, I realize now that it is all over that time management and organisation is the most important when it comes to writing. I need to work on that in the future.

Valerie
February 17, 2018 1:22 am

S-
I, too, find this to be a fairly important topic. A lot of people don’t realize that hours upon hours of studying is not healthy as it is. taking a break or just taking the slightly lower grade is worth it rather than staying up until 5:00AM and taking a test at 7:45AM the next day and for two days afterwards(like when we take the PSAT/SAT). I think your interest in researching this and raising awareness by posting here on this blog is brave and actually very valuable. I hope many people read your post and do some of their own research. Thank you for sharing. -V

Jack
January 12, 2018 12:14 am

Sean,
I found your topic vey interesting. I liked how you talked about why you chose your topic and that there has been a fatality from over studying. Here is an article that I think you will enjoy https://www.thebalance.com/time-management-tips-2947336 . Great article and I am eager to see what else you find

2
0
()