Youth Voices
Youth Voices
Recording a Passage: Othello
/

The play I chose to recite was from Othello. It is found near the end of the book, Act 5, Scene 2, lines 397-406

The character I decided to play was Othello. When I was practicing my line, I notice how important tone was, and how it dictates what an actor is trying to express. Pacing, by how fast I’m saying a line and volume, are also two important ways to be distinct. By saying a word slow could mean I’m trying to emphasize it, by how loud I’m saying a word or line could also affect the importance of the passage. I understood that at this point of the passage Othello found out the truth about Desdemona, and felt sorry for what he has done, therefore Othello emotions are high, he’s very sad and feels guilty. I notice that Othello trait is he’s loyal but could easily be jealous. He is also truthful and daring.

0
()