In mid-December of last year, KSL posted this article about local lawsuits filed against the Utah Department of Transportation (UDOT) over issues relating to the Little Cottonwood Canyon Gondola plan.

The first lawsuit was filed by Salt Lake City, The City of Sandy, and the Metropolitan Water District of Salt Lake and Sandy. They are looking to overturn UDOT’s recent decision making in regards to this construction, and they want to uphold the environmentally conscious acts of legislation that are present here in Utah. They additionally want to hold the Federal Highway Administration and the U.S Forest Service accountable for their misconduct in this issue.

The second lawsuit was filed by the non profit organization “Save Our Canyons” agains UDOT and the Forest Service, arguing that their decision was unlawful. The final lawsuit was brought together by two nonprofits and a group of Utah residents to call for the cessation of the project altogether- with a stronger focus on some more affordable alternatives.

0
()