black and silver steel helmet

The title of my book is “Ranger’s Apprentice: The Kings Of Clonmel”, by John Flanagan. John Flanagan won the “Australian Publisher Association’s Book Of The Year” and the “Older Children and the International Success Award”. His main genre of books are all fiction and they appeal towards teenagers and young adults. This book is a part of a twelve book series that was created for pure entertainment and thrills. I really enjoyed this book and have enjoyed this series so far. It has been very interesting and action packed.

This book starts off with the main character who is an apprentice to a ranger. A ranger is a skilled fighter that handles the most important missions assigned by the king. They keep the peace and they help barons to govern their fiefs and in the time of war, they provide battle tactics, strategies and lethal skill. It only takes a couple of these highly trained fighters to turn the tide of a battle or war. Their ingenuity and quick thinking helps outnumbered armies accomplish impossible feats. The book starts off with the main character going to a “Gathering”. A gathering is a meeting of all of the rangers in order to train new recruits, graduate young apprentices into full rangers, discuss what needs to be done to keep the kingdom safe, and discuss how to prevent wars. While there, the main character is expecting to meet his master, who is one of the most renowned rangers in the whole kingdom. He realizes that his master is not at the gathering and the chief ranger informs him that his master is on a secret and dangerous mission to get rid of a cult. 

I really enjoyed this book because right from the get-go, you are hit with an unexpected turn. It gets you thinking and wondering what is going to happen next. I found this to be very exciting because in only about 4 pages at the start of the book, it has a good way of making you feel the emotions of the characters. If you really love a book series like this one, you realize that over time, you build up an attachment to it. That is exactly what happened to me with this series. I felt the letdown that the main character felt when he found out that his master whom he looks up to as a father wasn’t there. I really like the way that these books are structured because you never know what is going to happen in the first few pages. It could be something that slowly eases you into the plot of the story, or it could just throw you right into something that you weren’t expecting like this book did for me. 

I have grown a deep connection with this book and the entire series. It always keeps you on your toes, it is filled with never ending mystery and action, and it makes you want to read more and never put the book down. I would recommend this to anyone who likes fictional books based around the Middle Ages, that are packed with adventure, action, war, politics, and comedy. This is a very well-rounded series, and I can’t wait to read the next book.

January 21, 2022 9:17 pm

I remember reading this book series in middle school and it was really good

January 21, 2022 9:16 pm

This book sounds interesting. I think it’s good for a book to bring a lot of twists and keep you interested. I hear many people say how you have to “get through the first part and the rest is good”. This is different because you’re saying it’s interesting from the beginning.

2
0
()