In the article “YOU DECIDE: Raising the Minimum Wage” I learned that the minimum wage makes it difficult to people to survive even if they are working full-time. The current wage is $7.25 an hour which for many people find it difficult to survive when they have to pay bills and buying food. Increasing the minimum will benefit a lot of workers that can use the money to support themselves and their families. On the other hand, there is always a negative effect that impacts the economy or small business.  Could it be a good idea to increase the minimum wage and benefit a lot of workers or be a bad idea that could affect the economy? 

I think it is a tough decision to make if it is a good idea to increase the minimum wage because there are a lot of reasons that were explained. A yes that I heard is that by 2025, the minimum wage would be $15 an hour and would benefit 17 million Americans which I find very interesting. An no that I heard is that the minimum wage would cost about 1.4 million Americans to lose their jobs which it makes them have a difficult time for those people. Having minimum wage or not would still make some effect on the country even if it doesn’t include the minimum wage. 

Is increasing the minimum wage a good or bad thing?

0
()