In the article, “Raising Their Voices” (Upfront, Grise, 2022), there is attention drawn towards mental health regarding athletes. The article features experiences from famous athletes and student athletes as well, who talk on their experiences battling their sport and mental health. “At the end of the day, we’re human too.” This quote is very important as people who are into sports and the people who participate in it should always remember that it is completely okay and acceptable for athletes to put themselves first over their sport. No one should feel pressured into ignoring their feelings in order to please their audience.

I think what the article discusses is very important. Although this applies to athletes, it can also be applied to everyone else, you shouldn’t ignore your feelings in order to look presentable or not be looked at weird. You can still look presentable to everybody else while focusing on why you feel a certain way. I think some of the bravest people are those who speak up on this matter, especially if they are involved in something where stuff like this is not talked about much because no one seems to focus on it. Making sure your mental health is up to check is crucial because it can have some devastating effects.

What are some ways to create a safe space where people are able to express their feelings without worrying?

0
()