Charlie M
Charlie M
April 5, 2024 4:27 am

Starting off, I love the metaphor that you used in the title to compare the ideas of race and the focus of the reading which was an Atlanta traffic jam. I also like the transitions that you used throughout your writing, which made it clear when the focus and tone was shifting. It is also great that you included text evidence from the original article to support your writing and ideas.

Morgan
April 4, 2024 3:52 pm

Patrick, I love the narrative format you used for this analysis. This not only made your writing capture my attention but also allowed me to understand the sequence of the events. I’ve learned about the effects of Home Owners’ Loan Corporation and the Federal Housing Administration on minority communities of Atlanta that I didn’t know of before. I loved the inclusion of the James Baldwin quote. You’ve displayed great knowledge and understanding of the text, bringing in further insight of what caused the traffic within Atlanta. Do you believe that officials in Atlanta are capable of using urban planning to change the historical effects of slavery on their cities traffic?

2
0
()