This article talks about why there isn’t racial and ethnic diversity in the medical field, and it lists five possible ways to increase that diversity. It’s extremely hard to make the medical field diverse when there are extreme disparities built into the foundations of medicine. For example, one has to have a good college education to get into medical school, which is difficult to do for lots of people. Medical school is also unbelievably expensive and is meant to be grueling. This article states that in order to change this, the first thing that needs to occur is that people need to recognize the failures within the system and acknowledge them. Things like pipeline programs, outside sources to help recognize biases within the system, and creating a better environment, in general, are all ways that we can work to combat this clear disparity within the medical system itself. I annotated this article on NowComment, and looked into what information they get and how they use it to come to this conclusion.

0
()