How do you express your love for someone? This song shows how Dylan expresses his love for this person by admiring her. “I just kept lookin’ at the side of her face/ and She was standing there in back of my chair/ Said to me, “Don’t I know your name?”/ I muttered somethin’ underneath my breath/ She studied the lines on my face/ I must admit I felt a little uneasy…” Dylan word choice shows how he  is in love with this person, he gets butterflies when he’s around her. Dylan wrote this song in 1974. He revised it after 1975. The seagull book of poems edited by Joseph Kelly see this song as a poem so reading this song and listening to the song it’s very much edited.

In the line 11 of the middle stanza, Dylan says he’s seen many other girls. “”I seen a lot of women /  But she never escaped my mind, and I just grew / Tangled up in blue.” He goes on to say, though, that this one has never left his mind. You can tell he loves her dearly.  Dylan may be tangled up in his thoughts about  this girl. That could be why he ends each stanza with “Tangled up in Blue”.  What happens when you still have thoughts about someone you walked away from?  The song seems to answer this question by saying you may never get over the person.

0
()