turned-on monitor

In the article “Careers: Retail”(McGraw Hill) I learned that one of the big advantages of a retail career is that you don’t need formal experience when you are first starting out. Some of the pros about being a retailer are that if you love interacting with people this would be a nice first job because this job involves a lot of interaction with people. I mean the schedule is also flexible, most retail jobs let you work around school, family, and other life commitments. The cons about this job though are that the same flexible job schedule will likely require you to work nights or even weekends. You also may not be able to travel or take some days off during holidays because that’s when most stores do all their business. Don’t forget that they also do a lot of standing and walking around because of all the interactions they are having with people.

I think this is a very tough job to have. It must be hard not to take some days off or travel because you have to work. it’s hard to imagine standing all day just talking to random people. it must be very exhausting because not only are you standing but you are also trying to get people’s attention sometimes even chasing them down so you could grab their attention. Their feet must be tired from standing all day yes they might have breaks but then they have to go again and stand for hours.

Would you be a retailer even if it means that you can’t take breaks off holidays/ standing all day?

0
()