My book is called Prom House.  By: Chelsea Mueller 

Muller is known for writing gritty, twisty fantasy and thriller novels for adults and teens. I really enjoyed this book. I was on the edge of my seat reading this book for the most part. There were some parts of the book that dragged on but, without the bad parts, we don’t appreciate the good parts. 

The book follows Kylie, a normal teenage girl who walks into a beautiful beach house with her boyfriend  after prom. She talked her parents into spending the weekend after prom in the beautiful house with her friends. Kylie and her friends loved prom, but the after party will be better!  Or So they thought.  A violent storm hits the beach and the power goes out. They light candles everywhere, not what they were expecting but, they will make the most of it. Until people start disappearing and turning up dead. They are all terrified. Who’s lying? Is one of Kylie’s friends a killer? 

“I was not prepared for a house this swanky. As I stood outside on the wide, wraparound porch, I couldn’t help but gape at the glamours dark paneling and white trim. Rentals- especially party rentals- usually came with shabby carpet and dripping refrigerators. Judging by the exterior, this Jersey Shore mansion and none of that. It was movie-level luxe, and I was staying here with my friends for an epic prom weekend.” Pg. 1

This is a great read if you want a fun romance mystery book. It doesn’t seem to dive deep into serious topics. More of a fun thriller. I think the theme of this book is keep your friends close and your enemies closer. And the people around you may not be who you think they are. 

February 1, 2022 5:48 am

Dear Kira,
I am delighted by your post, Prom House since you give the audience an incentive towards reading this book. By giving your perspective upon what happens in the book; many, including myself, gain the feeling of wanting to read the book.
One sentence you wrote that stands out to me was “There were some parts of the book that dragged on but, without the bad parts, we don’t appreciate the good parts”. I think this is important even in life because like many say, after a storm there is always a rainbow so I agree that even a book has to have bad parts to it.
Thank you for your writing. I look forward to seeing what you write next since I have enjoyed learning more about other books I could be interested in reading.

Andrea

2
0
()