Website: https://traveltips.usatoday.com/problems-ecotourism-108359.html

Ecotourism is travelling to natural environments while doing nothing to change these areas and actually benefitting the region. But there are many problems that come from this type of tourism too that go against the very thing it tries to do. It can overtax the resources of the region, causing habitat and diet issues for the wildlife, as well as creating a carbon footprint. It can negatively affect the local economy since the people will have to pay the inflated prices and could lose businesses to the hotels/tourism places in the area. The native people can lose traditional land and resources to tourism, and their culture begins to be used as entertainment. Overall, despite the positives that ecotourism can bring, there are many negatives that directly contradict the exact thing it fights for. 

Dear Kate,

I am intrigued by your post, “Problems with Ecotourism” because it addresses a problem that many people don’t seem to think about. I feel people who enjoy ecotourism should be well-informed about how it affects the environment, which your post successfully does.

One sentence you wrote that stands out for me is: “But there are many problems that come from this type of tourism too that go against the very thing it tries to do.” I think that this is an interesting point because I feel like it summarizes your central idea. You state that there are many problems that come with ecotourism, and then state that it can go against the purpose of ecotourism. I feel like people should still be able to enjoy themselves while viewing the scenery, but should also be aware of what they do and how they can help preserve the area that they are in.

Thanks for your writing. I look forward to seeing what you write next because you seem to fundamentally understand the problems that come along with ecotourism. I am interested in what you have to say about other environmental problems as well.

Christian

1
0
()