Website: https://traveltips.usatoday.com/problems-ecotourism-108359.html

Ecotourism is travelling to natural environments while doing nothing to change these areas and actually benefitting the region. But there are many problems that come from this type of tourism too that go against the very thing it tries to do. It can overtax the resources of the region, causing habitat and diet issues for the wildlife, as well as creating a carbon footprint. It can negatively affect the local economy since the people will have to pay the inflated prices and could lose businesses to the hotels/tourism places in the area. The native people can lose traditional land and resources to tourism, and their culture begins to be used as entertainment. Overall, despite the positives that ecotourism can bring, there are many negatives that directly contradict the exact thing it fights for. 

0
()