Over time there have been millions of people buying things online. Americans in 2020 had spent over $813 billion online being an increase of 42 percent over 2019. It was expected that 1 trillion dollars would be spent this year making it the first time but there have been many purchases getting sent back. There is an average of 25 percent of items getting returned by people from what they buy online but in stores there are only about 8 percent of items getting returned. Most of these items that are being returned are being thrown and while most of them are still brand new. 

In my opinion, I don’t think that these items should be thrown out. It’s like throwing away money which causes these companies to lose it. These items should instead be given out or sold again. There are many people that do need most of these items and can help them out. 

What do you think should be done with these returned items?

March 12, 2022 8:19 pm

Dear Adrian,
I am very impressed by your post ¨Problems of Online Shopping¨ because it is impressive how they throw away brand new items just because they are returned. I think this is a bad situation because they are losing money just by throwing it away.

One sentence that stood out to me was that ¨There is an average of 25 percent of items getting returned by people from what they buy online but in stores, there is only about 8 percent of items getting returned.¨ I think this is impressive because the most that are getting return is the online shoppers, not the ones who go to the store.

Thank you for writing. I look forward to your next post because I like how you express your opinion.

jonathan Alcantar

1
0
()