In the article “Cars that Stop Drunk Driving” (BTW), I found that a demand in the infrastructure bill passed by Congress had a requirement to develop a way to prevent people under the influence from driving. These technologies are expected to be ready by 2026, which is only four years away.  Despite having this strategy, they are still undecided regarding the type of monitoring systems that will be installed in the cars. They’ve come up with two suggestions so far. The first would be a breathalyzer that would track your blood sugar levels, and the second would be an infrared camera that would track your activity.

I believe that what they are doing will have a lot of positive outcomes. It would, for example, avoid many drunk driving deaths and accidents. It would also drastically cut the number of people who drive while drunk. Overall, I am convinced that what they are doing is beneficial.

Do you believe it should be mandatory for all cars to have this feature?

Vanessa
September 10, 2022 9:52 pm

Dear Fernando,
I am pleased with your post, “Prevent Drunk Driving,” because it is a very important topic that a lot of people do not speak about. Drunk driving is completely not okay and so many other people pay the price for a mistake they did not do. In addition to this, many people do not know the dangers of driving under the influence.
One sentence you wrote that stands out to me is, “It would, for example, avoid many drunk driving deaths and accidents. It would also drastically cut the number of people who drive while drunk.” I think this is appealing to read that such a car can prevent something so serious. Furthermore, they should invent this to make our world safer.
Thanks for your writing. I look forward to seeing what you write next because you talk about important things. Also, it was interesting to me as a reader.

1
0
()