In the article, “Post Office Panic,” I learned that with this Covid-19 pandemic going around, it is delaying deliveries at the postal office. The post office delivers paychecks, medicines, and online products are being delayed due to the current situation we are in. Also, in the past decade alone, 30% of mail agencies have decreased upon their financial outcome. Despite inflated their stamp rate from 33 cents to now 55 cents per stamp, they are still having financial problems. The global pandemic can also result in the presidential election. If voters can’t get in their votes on time due to the post office, a lot can change due to a delay.

I think what is happening with the post office is huge. It is frustrating that important incoming mail is being delayed to a crisis such as Covid-19. This can delay any product you have recently purchased and with the Presidential election in November. It can change the number of votes a person running for office receives.

How can post office troubles be solved?

October 23, 2020 5:09 am

Dear Juan,
I found your post intriguing about the concerns of mail delay since my father is a clerk for the United States Postal Service (USPS). I agree with the comment in responses of it being “frustrating that important mail is being delayed”. The Post Office has tremendously impeded the process of mail being sent out to the community. Just receiving letters in the mail are normally later than usual, due to “COVID-19”.

Operationally, there are numerous internal issues that have been causing problems and especially, in regards to prevalent times with ballots meeting a certain deadline. I think hearing how chaotic some of my father’s personnel experiences and his intake on solving this problem is by addressing this issue internally with animosity between employees, Management, and the Union.

I’m looking forward to what you will write next in future responses to issues like these. This post tackles critical points of information within the nation and highlights significant detail of how it’s affecting the community.

I’ve always wondered how the Post Office works, and how come its been having issues as of late. For example, I only had a rough idea that buying stamps helps fund the Post Office, but as you said, “Despite inflated their stamp rate from 33 cents to now 55 cents per stamp, they are still having financial problems.” I never knew how much such a simple thing as a postage stamp can have such value, or be inflated. I’ve heard ever since the election became a big issue, that some of the Post Office’s problems are not just from COVID, but its administration. I found this recent article (https://wisconsinexaminer.com/brief/baldwin-sends-new-demands-to-postmaster-general/), which may shed some more light on the problem. If you could write some on the Post Office’s administration issues and the election, I would most certainly come back to read.

This is a pretty interesting subject because it involves so many parties. Not only does it screw with the election, but it puts people’s lives at risk by keeping medication out of the hands of those who need it. You mentioned how it can change the number of votes for a presidential candidate, this seems to show a sort of fragility in Trump’s reelection chances. I found an article (below) that shows Trump’s success in slowing down the collection of ballots as well as how states are being restricted in counting ballots late. I would love to see a more updated version of this story as the election grows closer, especially in this tight unpredictable race.
https://www.politico.com/news/2020/10/15/trump-restricting-mail-in-ballots-429545

October 19, 2020 2:54 am

Dear Juan :
I am fascinated by your post, “Post Office Trouble?,” because I agree that many people depend on the post office for important things as you mentioned. Now, to see the post office in trouble, many people will begin to panic and there will be a huge delay on many things.
One sentence you wrote that stands out for me is: “It is frustrating that important incoming mail is being delayed to a crisis such as Covid-19.” I think this is correct because most changes caused by COVID-19 have been frustrating and with a huge impact on the post office, there is bound to be lots of frustration. Many people depend on the post office to deliver and receive important messages, objects, checks, etc., meaning if they don’t there will be frustration.
Thanks for your writing. I look forward to seeing what you write next, because we share similar ideas on certain things. I like how you address your opinion on important problems we have today.
Ricardo

4
0
()