man getting vaccine

In the article, “Stuff You Should Know”  (McGraw Hill) I learned that apart from all the covid vaccine testing going on in the world, there is also vaccine testing for a possible cure for Alzheimer’s. About six million people are affected by Alzheimer’s. About 12,000 deaths result from Alzheimer’s, in particular from dementia. After 20 years of research, they established to try to prevent Alzheimer’s or slow down the progression by starting a trial on nasal vaccines in Boston. The Alzheimers vaccine allows cells to migrate to the brain and begin to clear out the buildup of plaque in the brain that causes memory problems. If the vaccine works, it could be given to people who are at risk for the disease.

I think this can be world-changing for some people and their loved ones because having this disease traumatizes many due to them slowly losing their memory and capability to do things for themselves. Being able to at least get a chance to have the ability to remember and to do things for yourself a little while longer can be a great opportunity. 

If your loved one had Alzheimer’s, would you let them follow through with this trial if given the opportunity?

0
()