August 26, 2021 3:18 pm

Dear Hai-Cheng,

I am very drawn to and interested in your post “Police” because it deals with racial injustice that is constantly happening around the nation on a daily basis. I am very glad to see that you’re speaking upon how African Americans are always facing harsh lives while living in the U.S.

One sentence that you wrote that stands out to me is when you stated, “These photos show the difference between the treatment of BLM protesters and Trump supporters. In the photo on the left,  the BLM protesters were confronted with riot shields and guns while the Trump supporters were getting a free pass to go into the white house.”

Thanks for your writing. I look forward to seeing what you write next, because I am always fascinated about speaking on the topic of law enforcement. I find it unlawful that protestors are treated worse than individuals who broke into a nation’s capitol.

Brenda Ornelas

Jonathan
Jonathan
July 2, 2021 5:54 pm

Police are overall bad, trust me though there are good cops but a lot of the police are racist/bad cops.

Nile
Reply to  Jonathan
July 18, 2021 6:23 pm

I think there really are some good cops out there. The problem is the bad ones who are responsible for killing Blacks and minorities over and over give all police as a whole a bad name. One of the biggest issues with the police force as a whole is that they continue to hire police that come from neighborhoods where there aren’t any minorities that live in those areas at all. As a result, police often feel threatened when they interact with them because they don’t know how to approach, interact or engage with them socially. Because police train cops to kill and shoot first, they’re quick to grab their weapons in every scenario and usually end up hurting someone unnecessary with excessive force. The good cops unfortunately get dragged into it because if they stand up or testify they end up being harmed or threatened by other police. This forces many cops to stay quiet and never report anything out of fear of their family being harmed or being harmed themselves.

3
0
()