Happy, sad, annoyed, excited. All emotions can be controlled by you and you only. Life is like a painting. You have good days and bad days and you are the artist of your own picture. Making the most out of your days can create a beautiful masterpiece while drooping in shallows can make your life picture dark and muggy.

Life is what you make it. YOU can have a good day everyday if you really wanted to. Staying positive and keeping your head high can allow you to live a wonderful life. Life can suck at times but it’s all about how you handle situations. You wake up late, you’re tardy to school, you forgot your lunch, anything bad can happen. Maybe that is the time when you say to yourself I won’t let this ruin my day. Living how you want to can help you stay happy and healthy and allow you to live the best life that you can.

I have heard my volleyball coaches say, “The only thing you can control is your attitude and your effort” a million times. But it is true and I take that fact and I put it to use. At volleyball practice I bust my butt to get better because I can control it. I try to stay positive even when my team and I might not be doing well. It is all for the betterment of life and the people around you. Living life like I make it is the way I stay happy and kind to myself. It is almost a kind of philosophy to me.

Bad days do happen. Sure you can take a few of them to stay quiet, in your room, hating the world. Sometimes we need that. But sometimes if little things affect your whole life it will be completely miserable. Take charge, do things your way! You painted the past, you are currently painting the present, and you will paint the future. How you live your life is up to you and it truly is what you make it. So eat that cookie, talk to your crush, go out tonight and just live your life because before you know it you won’t be able to do those things again.

Make your life the masterpiece you have always dreamed of. Work hard, stay happy, do what you love. Whatever it takes to make it the life you want.