In the article, “Careers: Podcaster” I learned that a podcaster is a less traditional career option in which you don’t need a specific level of educational degree. Just about anyone with access to the internet can have their own podcast and the best part about it is that you can talk about any topic you pretty much want. The only thing you would need to start a podcast are microphones, recording equipment, and some knowledge of editing. The pros of starting a career as a podcaster are that it requires little to no money and anyone can have a podcast. The cons are that your podcast reach is limited to only those with access to the internet, and people can take others copyright material.

I think that as a beginning podcaster living off your podcasts may be a bit difficult since you’re just starting off and your audience reach won’t be as high as others who might’ve been doing it for a while and have the best technology and software to edit their podcasts. Although living off your podcasts as a beginner might be a bit difficult I do think it would be a great side job because not only can you choose how long you want your podcasts to be you can also choose how many times a week you want to upload. You pretty much get a lot of freedom with it and can adjust it to your weekly schedule. In terms of how time-consuming it would be, my best guess is that you’d really only need maybe a day or two to record, edit, and upload which is why it seems like a good way to make a little extra money.

September 17, 2021 7:47 pm

I enjoyed the way this post gave hope to careers of less maintenance. Although I still believe there is a large amount of time and effort that goes into making a podcast, it was reassuring that it requires little money and education. My friends and I had once thought about starting a podcast so this brought me back to then. I agree that it would be hard to start off and finding publicity. I think when people, such as celebrities or influencers, start podcasts as a sub career have an advantage by already being known. However this can be a god opportunity for people to explore podcasting professionally and as their main career.

September 14, 2021 12:36 am

Dear Yarelli,

I am intrigued by your post, “Podcast Careers” because you explain how people who make podcasts don’t need any type of education in order to become successful when speaking to others. You just need to capture others with your opinions on things in order to become successful. Sharing ideas, stories, and opinions on many topics will most likely get you farther, even collabing with someone. I think this type of career is very fun because I myself would do podcasts with friends or even on my own. Many people have good times and share their ideas about what they think about various things.

Two sentences that stood out to me were “The pros of starting a career as a podcaster are that it requires little to no money and anyone can have a podcast.” and “The only thing you would need to start a podcast are microphones, recording equipment, and some knowledge of editing.” These stood out to me because being able to start a podcast can be money easy and time manageable.

Thanks for writing this article. I look forward to seeing what you write next because I too have an interest in starting a podcast again.

2
0
()