Gedeon
January 10, 2020 6:35 pm

Wonderful poem Khierya! I liked how you demonstrated your connection to the street you grew up on. The small details such as the title of your poem, your word choice (first), and poem length and structure played a crucial role in conveying your point. Pointing out that 41st was the street where you first rode your bike, where you had your first scar, and where you first fought shows how the street impacted your life and shaped you as a person. I think adding your perspective of what it means to you now that you have matured will help readers perceive your current view on it.

Tasha Crittle
Tasha Crittle
August 5, 2019 2:40 pm

Dear khierya :

I was very interested on how you describe the the poem and how you connected yourself the street you lived on
One stanza that stood out to me was “The street where I almost died on” i think this line was very important to me because it showed that something traumatic had happened to you
Your poem reminds me of a poem that I once it was very interesting to me
Thanks for your poem. I look forward to seeing what you make next.

Isaias
Isaias
July 1, 2019 8:07 pm

Dear Khierya:

I am interested on your poem, “41st,” because on how deeply connected you were with the street you lived on. I know it special where allot of your first happened and where you went home.

One stanza that stands out for me is, “The street I came home to every day” I think this line is special because even though you fought and scraped yourself it was a place you always returned too.

Your poem reminds me of a poem that I once . It was very satisfying to read this poem.

Thanks for your poem. I look forward to seeing what you make next. I hope you deeply enjoyed writing this and that you can continue your work it gave me peace knowing that a place that can sometimes be painful wether it be emotional or pysical can be a place that you can return to sleep and continue living.

3
0
()