December 31,2018 my little family and I moved into our first apartment. We got the call the Friday before with the okay to pick up our keys. I was super excited because we were coming from a rough patch in life. We were bouncing around without a place to stay with our young daughter, Amelia. All we wanted was to have a stable environment for her to grow and be safe.

This home is now my favorite place. For over a year I felt like I did not have a place to call home, to call my own. I have been living in this place for almost four months, and it is very peaceful. We live in a part of the complex that hardly anyone walks through, which I enjoy. I enjoy this because my daughter can play outside our door without having to constantly move out of the way. Also, the shade created from the trees is amazing. Amelia loves taking her toy cars outside and racing them on the sidewalk. Another favorite part about home is the playgrounds at the complex. Playing there is Amelia’s favorite way to pass time. We also live on the first floor and that is a huge advantage with a toddler.

Every morning when we walk outside to catch the bus we can smell the chocolate factory that is nearby. Chocolate is in the making and people are working. Fun fact is Amelia’s dad worked there during the Christmas season. In the evenings our apartment gets filled with the smell of dinner. The seasoning mixing with chicken and rice is mouthwatering.

This first apartment of ours will forever be a favorite place of mine. A place to create memories with my daughter as she grows older. A place of pure peace. A great way to start the new year!

0
()