two brown and white dogs running dirt road during daytime

In the article, “No Petting” I learned that no matter how adorable a dog is you should not pet it, because a dog can snap even with no provocation. A family with a brussels griffon dog attracts a lot of attention. They think about training their dog to be friendly with strangers or they also think to be more direct with the people. So many people are really eager to touch the dog and the dog doesn’t really like to get touch. When they are being asked to pet the dog they don’t really know how to tell them no because she know the dog will snach.

I think what is happening is that people tend to touch dogs without using precaution and asking the owners if it is ok with them. This can lead to violent interactions because people don’t ask owners before interacting with the animal. I believe people should ask owners if it is ok to touch their pet first rather than just leaning towards an animal and petting it. 

Do you think it is ok for strangers to pet your animals without asking?  

Youth Voices is an open publishing and social networking platform for youth. The site is organized by teachers with support from the National Writing Project. Opinions expressed by writers are their own.  See more About Youth Voices. Terms of Service. Privacy Policy.All work on Youth Voices is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License

Help on Youth Voices
0
()