In the article, “Key Facts about Americans and Guns” I learned that people have different opinions on gun control rights. The text provides us with percentages of people who feel safer with a firearm in their household, or the percent of parents who are concerned for their child while at school due to the shootings that have been happening. A large percentage believe that gun violence is a problem in the country and that it is too easy to obtain a firearm. A majority are for stricter gun rights while those who own firearms tend to not be. 

After reading the article and looking at the various statistics that gun control has caused. Yes, it definitely does feel safer knowing you have protection at home, but firearms are used in the wrong ways many, many times and that is not acceptable. There should be no reason for students or parents to worry for their lives while at school. So while I feel that it is safer to obtain a gun at home, no one should fear dying to one outside their home in a public area. 

As I continue to read about gun control, I will try to look into victims’ families opinions and gun owners.

December 12, 2023 11:02 pm

dear alejandro

your post made me think that people who are innocent do not have the right to receive punishments and do not have to go through those types of situations and this also l learned that it gives people more security to walk down the street with a gun and l wonder that all People can have a gun but with a permit or something similar

sincerely
Miguel landeros

December 12, 2023 8:24 pm

Dear Alejandro,
Your post made me think of victims that were a part of this situation and how innocent they were. It also made me learn that people feel more safe when they have firearms. Something I wonder is if they will ever ban guns in the U.S.A.

Cristian Monroy

Sem
December 12, 2023 8:18 pm

Dear Alejandro Jimenez,

Your post made me think about how bad gun violence really is. And that people are getting more guns in order to protect themselves. Something I wonder is would the U.S ever ban the sale of guns.

Sem Villasenor

December 12, 2023 8:12 pm

Dear Alejandro J.,
Your post made me think about how people feel about gun violence. It brought to my attention that those that own a firearm feel safer. Something I wonder is, is there a good way to stop gun violence?

Jason Ocegueda

4
0
()