running field during daytime

Recently, I read Patina, by Jayson reynolds  I enjoyed this book. I thought that Patina was a really well developed character.

The protagonist is Patina. Her story is set in the same town as the last book, specifically Chester school. The significance of the Chester school as the setting is that Patina feels like she doesn’t fit in there. The significance of the setting shifting from Chester school to the track is that she feels like she belongs at the track and she is a really good runner.

Patina faces certain forces and pressures. Her mom gets hit by a car. She meets these forces and pressures by deciding to just continue to run to get her mind off of it. 

The tension rises when her mom gets hit by a car. This might leave a reader feeling sad. We grow to like the mom because she is really nice to Patina.

The book climaxes when Patina goes to the track meet.The falling action ultimately resolves the conflict. She gets to the track meet even though she has all these things happening in her life.

Youth Voices is an open publishing and social networking platform for youth. The site is organized by teachers with support from the National Writing Project. Opinions expressed by writers are their own.  See more About Youth Voices. Terms of Service. Privacy Policy.All work on Youth Voices is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License

Help on Youth Voices
0
()