My poem connects to Romeo and Juliet because in the book, there are two families at war for money and power. My life is not the same, but similar because my parents are at war. Thank you for reading my poem.            

Feud between people causes tragedy for others  

By Daniel Rodriguez

People are disagreeing and fighting most of the days.     

Disagreements are what make a family stressed out.

In life, there are usually feud between parents.

Hate is like a storm ready to cause a massive amount of damage.

A feud is one the most stressful life experiences.

Pain can be a scorpion wanting to poison your mind.

Hurt by blades stabbing my mind and word’s hurting my ears.

Family stops joy and many other good qualities.

Because of all of the stress, I can’t be who I want to be.

Christina
December 13, 2018 1:19 am

Dear Daniel,
I liked how you bring up a true and very real problem. Familys do cause stress. which can reflect onto people and their kids. I really like how you used the metaphor,“Pain can be a scorpion wanting to poison your mind.” I found this really interesting because when parents fight they are hurting their kids and that can be like poison. Overall your quote really MAKES your paper. Keep up the good work – Christina

Jadyn Walton
December 12, 2018 6:30 pm

Dear Daniel,
Your poem was very good I like how you chose a different topic than just love. I also like all the metaphors and similes you used in your poem. This poem was very accurate because usually when parents are arguing they don´t think we hear them or understand but we really do and that’s why it was a good example when you said ¨Hurt by blades stabbing my mind and word’s hurting my ears.¨ In your poem I also like when you said “Pain can be a scorpion wanting to poison your mind.” I believe you are trying to say the pain you go through because your parents disagreements get to you and and go to your head and will make you stressed out and cause you to turn to something that you think will ease the pain but really cause something more serious than you thought the actual outcome would be. Your poem has a lot of meanings and messages in it even though your topic was feuding between families causing tragedies so great job!

I Would Like to Hear More From You in the Future,

Jadyn W.

December 12, 2018 4:00 am

Dear Daniel, your poem is amazing! One line that stood out to me was where you talked about how hate is like a storm because it causes a lot of damage. I really agree with this line. Good job connecting it to the 2 families fighting in Romeo and Juliet. Thank you so much for sharing your poem!

Anna
December 7, 2018 6:00 pm

Dear Daniel,

Thank you so much for sharing your poetry. A line that stood out to me was, “Hate is like a storm ready to cause a massive amount of damage”, I think this is very well described and, is so true, that hate has such a great effect on people. I think this poem is very powerful and I know from a personal experience when family fights, it can be really hard for everyone. I think this is a hard topic to talk about, however at the end of the day, disagreements can stress out everyone. I’m look forward to reading your next post.

-Anna

Madison
November 30, 2018 2:37 am

I really enjoyed reading this poem. The facts you state are so disturbing and sad but they seem to be true. And I think you open people’s eyes when they read this and make them take a step back on their lives. I can’t relate to this so much and it really touched me, thank you. Heres a site I thought of while reading this… https://www.verywellfamily.com/how-parents-fighting-affects-children-s-mental-health-4158375
Good job!!!

5
0
()