From the time we are born to when we move out of the house our parents are always there to help us grow into the adults we become, but do they have more of an impact than we think? The relationship between a child and their parent is one that affects both the physical, social, and emotional development of the child. As a child grows up the parenting shifts from making decisions for the young kid to helping them shape the way they would solve problems. Parents are able to show how the choices children make can shape the health and safety of them and the people around them.

Some benefits of a positive child-parent relationship is a child who grows up with a healthy relationship with their parents have a better chance of developing a happier and safer relationship with friends as they grow up. As well a child whose relationship with their parents is secure is more likely to handle stressful situations better, and creates a child who has better social and academic skills. Ways for this to occur is for the parents to have boundaries and consequences for when children misbehave they need guidance on what not to do. Another way is problem solving having your child learn to solve problems will help them understand how to properly get through difficult situations the right way. With the help of our parents who have experienced a lot more than us we are able to learn the ways to handle situations and react to issues in our lives.

Ashley
August 24, 2020 12:43 am

Dear Cassie,

I am contentful by your post ” Parents mean more than we think,” because I certainly agree that our parents mean more than we think in life. Having a good relationship with our parents is very important to our lives because they help us to develop certain skills and help us become the people of the future. One sentence you wrote that stands out for me is ” The relationship between a child and their parent is one that affects both the physical, social, and emotional development of the child.” I think this is important for every parent to know because children become our future. Although a healthy relationship with a child is important for the child to develop a healthy and stable life for themselves.
Thank you for your writing. I look forward to seeing what you write next because your post is very important to know no matter who you are parent or not.

Ashley Renteria

December 12, 2019 3:15 pm

Cassie, this is a very thoughtful article. I really appreciate how this really made me think about how my parents have impacted me. I think that our parents affect who we are as people. They help us grow and learn how to be the best us we can be. I think the following article may help you. http://www.child-encyclopedia.com/parenting-skills/according-experts/parents-attitudes-and-beliefs-their-impact-childrens-development

Wuyou
December 9, 2019 2:40 am

Hello Cassie,
I agree that parents are definitely the most influential people in our life. Children’s living environment is simple. So parents naturally become the biggest part of their life. Many parents do not pay attention to their words and action, thinking that their children are still young. As everyone knows, children’s imitation is extremely high, and parents’ words and action may be copied by the children and accompanied by life. Here is a link that you may interest on https://www.annualreviews.org/doi/full/10.1146/annurev.psych.51.1.1 .
sincerely,
Wuyou Zhou

Yanna
December 8, 2019 10:03 pm

Hi Cassie,
I like your post very much. I think the relationship between parents has a certain impact on our growth. The relationship between the child and the parent affects the child’s ability to socialize and work with others. We must also properly recognize the influence parents have on us and the selfless love that parents have for us.
This link you might like
https://www.momjunction.com/articles/helpful-tips-to-strengthen-parent-child-bonding_0079667/

Yanna
December 8, 2019 10:02 pm

Hi Cassie,
I like your post very much. I think the relationship between parents has a certain impact on our growth. The relationship between the child and the parent affects the child’s ability to socialize and work with others.
We must also properly recognize the influence parents have on us and the selfless love that parents have for us.
This link you might like

December 6, 2019 9:28 pm

Hello Cassie,

I enjoyed reading your post. I believe that family and parental relationships are very important in the way that we (teenagers and children) are brought up. The sentence you wrote “The relationship between a child and their parent is one that affects both the physical, social, and emotional development of the child” is something I agree with. Whether the relationship is good or bad between children and their parents, it can effect the future and growth of the child. Your parents have a lot to do with the person that you become. I think a lot of us take our parents for granted in certain ways, and your post made me realize this.

Thank you for sharing this!
-Kaitlyn Taylor

December 6, 2019 9:18 pm

cassie
I totally agree with you because when parents and kids have a healthy relationship they are better to grow up to have a healthy and stable life.”a child who grows up with a healthy relationship with their parents have a better chance of developing a happier and safer relationship with friends as they grow up.” this is true and I agree with you a lot.

7
0
()