four boys laughing and sitting on grass during daytime

In Los Angeles, L. A. Unified begins experimenting with a new tutoring and childcare program to help children struggling to learn during the pandemic. The program is showing early signs of success, with plans to expand over the next 5 years.

Many students are regressing on learning skills during this time, with nearly 75% of parents saying their child has lost valuable skills. This program helps combat that loss with one on one tutoring along with providing technology and internet access to low-income families in order to help them continue to learn.

This solution is fairly expensive, coming in cost wise over a million dollars, but was funded generously through grants from philanthropists and community members. This is a feasible way to help ensure that students are still learning during COVID-19

Help on Youth Voices
0
()

Connect with